Tuesday, July 15, 2008

 

15th July. Dry for St Swithin.

I have felt quite a bit better today, but I am beginning to feel slightly tormented by some not knowings.
Firstly I am awaiting a letter from the endocrinologist - a copy of what she is sending to the GP, which would confirm or reject the idea that I have an under active thyroid gland.
I certainly seem to have the symptoms and maybe they have only flared up in the last month. I get cold and achy and I have put on weight. I just can't understand where 5 or 6 pounds have come from so quickly for my eating patterns have not changed.
And I am waiting for my CT scan - not much longer to wait for that. I have to be at the hospital at 2 o'clock tomorrow. I feel quite tense about it. I cannot eat for 4 hours beforehand and then I must drink 2 litres of foul tasting liquid and then have a dye injected into my veins.
The waiting will continue until August 5th to know that the scan has or has not revealed anything.
I know I should tell myself how lucky I am to have these facilities available to me - and I really do know that. But tonight I feel nervy.

This morning was devoted to addressing parcels, posting parcels, taking 5 or 6 boxes to the hospice shop and then a trip round the supermarket.
One of the parcels included a book called The Archers Pantry - based on the very long running radio series. To my surprise it was bought by an American who has recently discovered this gem which is a part of my life - almost all of it. She said that American radio has nothing like it and was thrilled to have discovered it.
This afternoon I went through much of my stock file taking out items that have not been crossed off in the past despite them no longer being in my possession.
And in the process Bill and I managed to fill another box for a charity shop.
We have also described a few things for EBay and listed them.
Bill has 76 OS maps left from his stock and he wondered what to do with them. I suggested listing them on EBay very cheaply and the buyer to collect - if that fails then they are off to a charity shop of course.
This evening I was Emailing my brother about schools and looking back at head teachers I have worked for - mostly good. Then I suddenly remembered Mr Payne!!! Do you remember him Jamie and Ashley? My memories are that he was not good at the job and was "persuaded" that he needed a long sick leave.

I have started trying to get puss cat Harry back to some sort of fitness. He likes being brushed and combed and I can see some improvement already. He also has coped well with the vitamin and conditioning minerals paste that can be given by putting some on the front paws to be licked off. He is enjoying the fuss too - and George is cross that Harry is getting all the attention.
Worse than children!

It hasn't rained today - extra special good news! Today is St Swithins day and if it is dry on this day (or wet) then we shall more of the same for 40 days and 40 nights! Try telling the Met Office that - they have put rain blobs on their forecast for this very night!
The thermometer says it has been warm - but it has been overcast for much of the day and my body felt chilly. The sun did shine during the afternoon.

Well, time for a cuppa and to get this yawning body to bed.
Goodnight.