Monday, July 07, 2008

 

7th July Squally winds!

A fairly gentle day has not yet given me the boost of energy I would welcome.
In fact with a digestive system working overtime I feel very tired indeed and my head aches.
But I won't feel sorry for myself - it almost feels sort of homely to have the old health problems back for a while.
I shall take some tablets and go to bed quite soon.

It has been gentle today, though I have done a fair bit.
I have described books and listed them. I have wrapped 4 things which sold this afternoon. We have been to the post office and into Asda for a few bits.

The weather has not always been gentle today with squally heavy rain showers.

There was similar weather in Northern France today for the cyclists to battle through in Le Tour de France.
No - sport has not been forgotten in Monkland!

It feels strange on this Monday evening not to be getting things ready for the shop. I can feel in my bones that there is a shop I am attached to, but it seems a bit odd not to be going to Ardingly and to take parcels into the post office to my ex pupil, Graham who is the village post master.
I think we shall go to Dorking again next Monday to see what needs sorting out and hopefully to collect some money.
But I don't do a duty day again until the 24th.

Time for a drink and some painkillers and then time for sleep.
Goodnight.