Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 

02 July Quiet day at home

After having a quiet read of other friends' and family blogs I shall write a few words, myself, about the day.

It has been a day marred by less than summery weather for the most part - rain this afternoon. But things picked up by late afternoon and there was some sunshine.

This morning I felt the need for some rest.
The main activity was the mile round trip to the post office and back.

Bill has been busier, creating a sort of "bridge" to build up the levels on the shelves in his cabinet in the Dorking shop. He has now made 3 of them - and so tomorrow he will be re-arranging his shelves.
He needed a trip to B&Q for some dowelling to make the uprights.

This afternoon Bill's sister, Julie came round. She had to leave by about half past four to look after her grand daughters while Carla did the Race for Life in aid of cancer research.
These events are taking place all through the summer at different locations. Liz took part in Caernarvon some time ago.

I finished a jig saw puzzle - which now has a watcher already on EBay. I listed it this afternoon and also 5 books which I got described today.
Two more jig saws have also left the garage shelves - obviously not quite complete and therefore not worth my while doing them.

Ashley and I shared a fascinating phone call - he directed me towards a web site about shoe laces!
You can learn everything there is to know on this fascinating subject including a small selection (34) of ways to fit shoe laces into shoes, each with a name. There is a section on books relating to shoe laces etc etc.
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/info.htm
I guess nobody but Ashley and me would have the spare minutes to go off on this tangent, but you must feel just a bit curious!

Tomorrow is a shop day - not much more than a month has passed since I wrote those words last. It will be very different for I shall be the new girl and will have to learn Pilgrims ways of doing things and I shall not have the full days to myself as before, because there are always 2 people on duty. I shall be working with somebody called Jill, who I did meet a couple of weeks ago.
The shop opens at 10 o'clock so there will be time in the morning to sort things out.
Do I dare to hope that Bill or I might have sold something already?

Tennis has of course been played - our Andy was obviously without a hope of challenging the mighty Nadal and so it proved.
But Nadal is very special - yes, I hope he beats Roger Federer in the final, assuming they both win their semi final matches.

Well, time for a quite drink before bedtime.
Goodnight.