Friday, July 18, 2008

 

17th July. Flagging on Friday - and the fly.

This is my 500th blog posting - and I have little to say.
This evening I feel a bit off, some nausea and real tiredness. Shame! I don't like it.
Hopefully some good sleep, without cramps and hurried visits to the loo, will make me feel strong enough for another day.
Today I have described and listed things on EBay and very little else that I can think of. There are watchers already and even a bid - which is good, for I feel that during the summer and maybe particularly at this time of price rises, EBay business is a bit slow.
Bill, on the other hand, worked really hard - changing the beds and vacuuming the house.
One tiny little thing quite upset me - it was a fly. Nasty insects are flies, buzzing around and potentially infecting things with their eggs and germs.
I had got some turkey pieces out of the freezer and just left them on the cooker to thaw. They were in a bag, inside a box - but both had been opened once before, for this was the second meal to be made from that source.
I should have thought to protect better.
When I opened up to cook the dinner a fly was inside the plastic bag. So, shamefaced I just had to commit the crime of throwing food away.
It still makes me shudder to recall the site of the fly crawling all over the turkey steaks.
The Tour de France continues - another stage win for the British guy. He is an out and out sprinter - he can pedal along with all the others for 150 Kms and then outsprint everybody for the last 200 metres - a feat he will not be able to achieve in The Alps.
I really am hoping that tomorrow there will be no rain and that I feel fitter. We won't travel far tomorrow but there are boot sales to go to and hopefully I can add to the stock for the shop.
Tomorrow there is a party in Thailand for Jessica's birthday - she will be 7 years old next week. I am sure there will be pictures on the jjjj blog in due course. Jamie put a few family pictures on today. There is a picture of John where he looks like a very young Uncle Roger!
Ekatarina also has a big day tomorrow - her first night without a parent at hand. The little girls in Rainbows are off to Anglesey for a sleepover.
Right - I am off to bed quite soon, even though it is only quarter past nine.
Good night.