Saturday, July 19, 2008

 

18th July Hope is not a course of action.

I wondered this morning just what I ought to do...... could I cope with activity whilst feeling so fragile and nauseous?
But I wanted to fight back.
At bedtime last night I resolved to make sure I kept very closely to the low potassium diet. I wonder why I had lapsed - apart from wanting some variety.
This week some more things from our lives could be put into that place called "the past" - now that all the insurance issues for the car have been sorted the accident can be tucked away. And now we are established in Pilgrims, then I feel that the 8 years in Rocking Horse could be left in the past. Did I also half think that I could also move on from all the chemical imbalances?
Anyway, as I was fixing myself to the night back (for wee) last night I just found myself musing on doing it every night for the next 20 or so years - and then added "hopefully". But hope alone is not enough, not when there are things I could be doing to enhance both the quality of my life and maybe the length of it too.
There is a phrase I have recently learned, a new thought - I think somebody who plays Boggle somewhere in the world calls them self by this phrase as a name. "Hope is not a course of action".
I knew I needed action and so today I have been so careful about my food - back to the beginning really.
And we went out to car boot sales - and wondered why, for we found very little to buy today.
This morning we went to Faygate and I bought just 1 book for selling. I also bought a bead kit for little girls and maybe Ecky and I can make bracelets and necklaces when she is with us.
At lunchtime we went to Edenbridge and found very little more - a few more books and a 1953 coronation mug from a good pottery. We also bought a couple of videos to sell. One is about the history of Wrotham in Kent (pronounced Rootum, which I didn't know). It is interesting and very well done - I am sure somebody will want it. Bill chose one about Auto Union sports cars.
Bill bought some fruit too - and I know the cherries are delicious, but for now I will keep away from fresh fruit.
I bought another long length skirt.
We have watched the cycling - they are heading for The Alps now.
And I cooked dinner - a new taste for us today. We had sea bass and it is every bit as delicious as the cookery experts on TV say it is. Admittedly the 2 fillets were frozen and had been bought some time when they were on offer (sea bass is amongst the most expensive of fish), but we will certainly indulge again; eating it was a real pleasure.
We have also enjoyed the choir competition on TV. Oh dear I can just hear Dad complaining that not one of them sang a "proper" piece of music! But still, they are excellent choirs full of skill and life.
This evening I feel lots better than this morning. Thank goodness - I wasn't sure how quickly I would start to get the balance in my body better again.
Tomorrow morning we have decided to go to Hook (near Epsom) for our car boot sale - it is over a year since we have been there. It is normally very big.
Despite the wind (quite strong) this afternoon has felt warmer.
I hope the grand daughters are enjoying or have enjoyed their special events.
I hope you sleep tight Ecky!
And so, goodnight from me.