Monday, July 28, 2008

 

28th July Dorking and Ebay dealings.

Wow - it has got so dark so early this evening! We must be heading for a thunderstorm.

This morning I got busy with wrapping - 13 small books had bids for this afternoon.

Then we drove over to Dorking to check the shelves and collect any money from sales.
My first thought was that I had done much better than expected for there were quite a few items missing - but a second look at the new window display showed that this week the collectables window was showing off some of the new sorts of things to be found in the shop - my things.
We introduced ourselves to the people on duty today. There was Julie, a reasonably elderly woman from France and Monika.
We were there for longer than planned because Monika was glad to slip out for an hour to deal with family business and I was able to have a good long chat with Julie - comparing our health experiences and a little of our lives. She is lovely and I felt a good bond with her.
Obviously there was not much time to chat with Monika - and anyway she was suffering with quite severe laryngitis and had virtually no voice.
I was happy to put some of my recent purchases on the shelves and now I wonder where the window display person will put the items from the window when it is changed again.



You have already seen the black and yellow vase - but I did take a quick picture of it with the black and red one bought at Edenbridge on Saturday.
Do you see those ear rings? They are plastic with a sparkly "jewel" and they are magnetic! A magnet goes behind the ear lobe and the decoration obviously is placed on the front - and the magnet just about holds them in place, but don't do any wild dancing!

Don't worry - photos of my stock will stop now. There will be a period of people and places photos as we all enjoy a holiday atmosphere.

We stopped in Reigate on the way home for a bite to eat and to get in more supplies for the Ashley and Ekatarina holiday.

When we got home I was quickly into the routine of invoices to successful bidders and then dealing with payments. It is so good that most people pay within a few hours.
I might have a problem with one buyer - whose bid was successful on the 17th of July. After 5 days I sent a reminder (always very polite and understanding of course) and he did reply with apologies.... he is on benefits and run into financial bother and has just adopted a stray dog which is causing more expense and he said he would pay on Tuesday. Well Tuesday is tomorrow and I wonder if any payment will arrive. He also said that his group had made a CD and he would send me a copy - I am not sure if he thought I would accept that instead of money!

The storm I foretold has begun - raining hard with flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder. It is really quite wild. And silly little Harry - our nervous little cat is out there somewhere. We have called him but no doubt he has decided that where he is might be be safer than making the dash for home. He hates thunder and often hides behind the sofa during a storm...................................
Bless him! With that thought, we just checked to see if he was in fact out of doors - and no, he was behind the sofa!

Tomorrow will be an at home day apart from posting parcels, taking a box to a charity shop and then picking up Ash and Ecky from the station.
It will be the last morning of a quiet cup of tea in bed. There will still be cups of tea of course, but Ecky will be with us playing and talking and story telling. She checked with me last week that we would still allow her to come into our room in the mornings - well, just don't trip over the night bag!

I am sure the storm will clear the air - it has felt humid. But I hope it doesn't clear away summer - I am just getting to feel really content with the warm sunshine.

Goodnight folks.