Sunday, August 03, 2008

 

3rd August. Just the one car boot sale today.

Rain!
Bother!
The car boot sale at Pease Pottage was cancelled - I did phone before we thought of leaving home. At that time there was just light drizzle - but it got worse and the morning looked quite dismal.
We were all eager to get back to the computer to improve our Persian civilisations. Sadly I think mine will not get very far! But we are learning new language - Ashley has become a feudal lord and a satrap.

The rain did seem to ease towards midday and I phoned the organisers of the Blindley Heath sale and they assured me it was ON!
So we scurried round and got what we needed and off we went.
On the way we passed a church where Ecky's great great great great great grandfather, James Monk had married Johanna.
It was blustery and a bit drizzly at the Blindley Heath field, but we we found lots of stalls.
I am not sure if people with the sort of things Bill and I would buy were not there or if having Ecky in tow distracted us from looking carefully.
We ended up with bags full of books and toys.
We got back home at half past three and I quickly put some food in the oven - a very late dinner today.
Then we looked at the treasures. I lined up all that Ekatarina had on the sofa.


That goodly amount of books and toys cost us £13. A bargain for so much.
One of Ecky's favourite authors is Jacqueline Wilson - who created Tracey Beaker, amongst other characters. The books are about children a bit older than our Ecky.
We counted this evening when we tidied her room - and there are 15 Jacqueline Wilson books!


I even managed to get Ashley to pose with his purchases - CDs and books. I haven't had a good look through yet.
He found a really cheap stall - those big fat books were 10p each.
He is really pleased with the CDs - one by an African singer from Cape Verde who he heard in The Albert Hall last Wednesday.


Of course it wasn't long before Ecky had her nose in a book.
But diary is up to date too.

This evening, after such a late dinner, we are just picking at a little food as when needed. I don't need very much at all.

Before I read more of our book tonight, Ecky began to to show some interest in the Monk line and we looked at the family tree.

Tomorrow we are off on a long journey to Wiltshire for a day with Roger and Sue.

Good night.