Saturday, May 24, 2008

 
Tired....why am I so tired?
Surely this can't still be the result of tension and emotion from the accident?
After all that accident and its aftermath, as seen on the world stage, was just a minor blot. Yes, it was a shock to us and a nuisance - but we have learned from it and should be ready to move on.
I still have some pain - but really it is not dominating any more. I wince sometimes, which almost shows that it has taken me by surprise.

We got up early with the intention of going to Ford and enjoying the day. We had been on the road just a couple of minutes when I knew I didn't have the oomph to make that effort.
I wondered if the car boot sale at Faygate ( about 4 miles from home) would be worth stopping at instead - and that is what we did.
Actually it was worth stopping. We both bought some interesting things to sell on.
We also bought a phone that has already been fixed onto the wall by the computer that Bill uses. The phone cost £1.50.
And for £1 we bought a personal stereo and headphones for me to use when away from home - away from the DAB radio beside my bed.
I also looked out for clothes. I bought the trouser suit that I am modelling in the picture below.
I paid £3 for this suit which had never been worn - still with its original price ticket. In a shop somewhere this item had been selling for £110.
It is not particularly special I don't think - and Bill commented that it looked like pyjamas!
It is actually too big for and I will have to do some careful stitching to the trouser waistband so that they don't fall down; but that will never be noticed because the jacket will always cover the alteration.



As you see from the picture it has been a sunny day.
And in sheltered spots it was quite warm - but oh dear, that wind was really strong.

This afternoon we sat out in the garden with Ruth and Felix. We filled the washing up bowl with water and Felix stripped off and played happily. There are some pictures on the camera - but these will wait until tomorrow.

This evening my intention was to enjoy the Eurovision Song Contest - but I fell asleep.
I will return to the TV shortly to see the voting. I suspect the people of Europe will continue to vote for countries viewed as friends rather than for best songs.
I can' tell you if there were any good songs actually - those I did hear seemed to have blurred into each other.
Maybe the UK will vote for Poland - after all there is now a large Polish section of the population and of course within the UK we can't vote for our own entry even if we wanted to.

The weather for tomorrow is predicted to be nasty! This might give me some time to get more things described for EBay. Today Orlando book sold for just over £34.

Goodnight. I hope life is treating you well.