Monday, May 05, 2008

 

5th May Journey home again.

Home at last.
I suppose the sitting in the car part of the day has not been too arduous. I have been taking co proxamol today, not the tramodol given to me by the hospital. I am not sure if it isn't that which is making me feel so nauseous.
One day the co proxamol will run out as they have been discontinued which is a great shame.

We stopped for lunch in Nantwich. It was very quiet on a Bank Holiday Monday. We had almost given up thoughts of having lunch there when we came upon a pub which did a 2 course meal and a pot of tea for old age pensioners for £3.95.
The menu was limited and I may suffer from wrong choices but it was a friendly place and we felt relaxed. The pea and ham soup was home made and delicious.

Then it was on to the M6 to start the journey South.
No problems until a patch on the M40 which was causing some delays.

Now we are home - exhausted and I hurt this evening. I shall need to be in my bed early.
We are both tired and began to squabble a little as a result. We were contacted the day after the accident by a solicitor and my first thought was to keep away from the vultures.
Today a claim form from the solicitor was waiting for us.
I think we should check with the insurance company about the correct route to follow - maybe this is what they want and maybe we will get more this way.
I kept musing on problems and queries which of course Bill can't answer any more than I can.
But this must wait until tomorrow afternoon.

We will both be in the shop in the morning and Margaret, bless her, will do the afternoon for me. I couldn't risk being left alone in case there was lifting or stretching needed.
I wonder how busy it will be - so far the closing down sale has created a lot of interest - apparently sales got onto the 6th sheet today.

OK - time for another drink - tablets and then off to bed.
It's warm this evening.
Has summer arrived in our absence?