Monday, April 28, 2008

 

28th April. George and me enjoying the sun through the window.



Here is George - sitting on the table to the right of this computer, watching my every move and hoping and praying that I might leave a pen or pencil on the table for him to play with. He doesn't play with it for long - he just likes to make a nuisance of himself and roll my pen onto the floor as I work at EBay things, or my blog, or chatting with Jamie or Mam, or reading other blogs, or writing and reading EMails, or playing patience or Boggle or any number of things that I do.
If I ignore him for too long he nudges by right arm persistently.

This morning I was busy for a short while sorting out the last of the due payments from EBay buyers. How lovely - all the sold items from yesterday have been paid for and posted.

After parcelling we arranged hair cuts for Wednesday morning and then went shopping in Asda. We spent rather more than expected because things we like to have were on special offer so we stocked up.
Mmmmmm! Bassets jelly babies were half price! Jelly babies are treats that I can eat and Bassets are actually the best.
We have also been able to stock up on our prescription medications today.

I made a chicken soup today. You may recall that we had had a large organic chicken a while back and I boiled up the bones and bits and froze the resulting stock. Today it was joined by left over vegetables (blitzed in the food processor) and we have eaten soup at both lunchtime and evening. The remainder will go back into the freezer for another day.

This afternoon I have washed casseroles and saucepans - almost the last things that will be taken into the shop. Having been out in the garage for some time it was all in need of a clean and the dead woodlice needing removing. My china has been a woodlice graveyard!

I am hoping that the kitchen ware and a little table and shove halfpenny board and a large ceramic bed pan will find some space. The 2 areas in the shop that are being emptied this week can be used by any of us for the remaining 4 weeks.

Here in Crawley we are still waiting for the rain - threatened but not appearing today.

Goodnight.