Saturday, April 19, 2008

 

19th April. Looking back to a rocking good party!

Today's blog will be of more interest to Rocking Horse folk who shared such a lovely evening together.
I have not included all the photos I took because some were not very flattering - it is always hard to see people at their best as they tuck into food.
I missed some people altogether which is a shame - and I was especially sorry to have missed Christine and her husband David who were flitting about being so busy.
But a heartfelt thank you to both of you for your hard work and hospitality.

I should have had a plan of campaign for photographs in mind.
And of course I didn't ask anybody to take a picture of Bill and me.

For those who have never been to Rocking Horse you just might like a quick glance at the faces that go with the names you may have heard me mention.

First I took a couple of pictures in the garden.






Doesn't it look wonderful?



Many of my pictures I just snapped whilst I was sitting at the table.
Above is a nice image of Jo with Ian, the football programme man.
And below is Sue with her husband Eric.





Later in the evening the rocking horse cake was cut.



There were so many of us - 19 in total that tables were set in 2 adjacent rooms with a large opening between them. Above we have Joy and Peter, then Kate and her husband Dennis.


Opposite them are Debbie and her husband Mike and Jenny (Ken's wife) and Ken.



As the instigators of Rocking Horse and the couple who have worked so hard to keep it going for 15 years in total I thought Joy and Peter should have a picture of their own. Thank you Joy and Peter.



I included this one of Debbie and Mike just because it sums up the relaxed jollity of the evening and us as a group. I wonder just what had been said at that moment!



Peter made a short speech and finished it with the news that a lady from outside the shop may want to take it over. She may not have thought it through and we know that our rents would have to go up so it is all up in the air as to who might or might not wish to continue under a new regime.

There was talk of future get togethers which is a good idea because a feeling of an extended family as grown up between Rocking Horse folk; just as in families there can be occasional gripes and bickerings, but mostly there is a bond of great affection.

Today has been an anticlimax. Yes - more rain and chilliness.
I have felt very tired and run down and have wondered if perhaps the fact that I have allowed one or two higher potassium levelled foods into my diet has caused the queasiness.
But last night I was very good.
I had a superb plateful of the main meal, but thought it best not to have any of the desserts which looked so good. And I drank water.
You all knew that I was unbalanced and now I have the endocrinologist confirming that fact.