Thursday, April 10, 2008

 

10th April Lesson learned

Well, what have I learned today?
I now know that wearers of urostomy bags should not carry heavy boxes.
The body supports the box as one carries it - and whoops, plastic bags burst!
This morning I began more sorting of stock out in the garage, preparing it for a car boot sale...... one day, when we get some fair weather on a Sunday.
I soon realised that I would need a quick change of bag and clothing.
Bill, who was out at the time, had been telling me that boxes could be a problem - and he was right.
So, unfortunately he will have to do box carrying - it will be my job to fill the boxes.
I listed all the books on EBay that I described yesterday and Bill added his bike to the items listed.
He hasn't ridden it since he was knocked off it, many years ago it seems now.
The good quality bike has been a fair distance since then, but not by pedal power. Like Bill, our Ashley has imagined being a bike rider and the bike has been to Northampton, to Fleetwood and to Bangor before returning back to Crawley.
Bill used to be a member of the cycle club - not much racing, but he enjoyed touring and the social side of cycling. But we have to let the past go.
Of course we cannot pack the bike up and post it, so we offer it on a "buyer collects" basis. There are 2 watchers already.
Later I dealt with 7 more sales - these were books being sold very cheaply which had been on EBay before; so, very little profit but at least these 7 are out of my way.
I wrote that we have to let the past go - but sometimes it creeps back into our consciousness. Today would have been Cameron's birthday - gosh, he would still only have been 43. Cameron was my nephew, son of my brother Robin who also died at a very young age. Cameron died just over 8 years ago.
Cameron's son, Clayton, shared his birthday with his father - he is 26 now. I wonder where he is and what he is doing with life.
Sad to lose people through both death and circumstances of life.
Goodnight.