Monday, March 31, 2008

 

31st March. Monday bits and pieces.

To begin at the beginning......
this morning I slept for longer than has been my habit. The longer darker mornings have some blessings for me it seems. I didn't wake until about 7 o'clock.
I spent the morning at the computer catching up with EMails.
Bill was busy with chores - garden rubbish and lots of his old photography work to the dump - no little treasures to be picked up there these days. Deposited items are all carefully controlled.
He sorted out our prescriptions and went to the chemist for medication. They never have enough sachets of Questran and so we will have to return later in the week.
He posted EBay parcels - all 7 sold on Saturday had been paid for and have been posted.
He came home and got busy upstairs, changing the bedding on our bed and other tasks.
Then he took his blood pressure - it seems that work is not good for him! The top reading was 168 which is not good. I was thinking that the higher medication dose was getting things under reasonable control - just a bit higher than it should be. He will see the doctor again next week.
I was in the hands of Bill Clinton (the dentist) at 2 o'clock and he repaired 3 of my teeth. Keeping my teeth in a reasonable state is like painting The Forth Bridge - impossible to ever think you have the job completed.
It was a very easy appointment for me - just a little wincing here and there. At moments I felt relaxed enough to ease away almost to sleep lying back in the comfortable chair.
Then we called in to Asda for bread and milk and some other bits.
I have been foolish and eaten some bread - and of course am suffering (so is Bill!) as a result. But sometimes it feels worth it.
Then I worked on the increased postal charges - which of course are passed on to EBay customers. I used the opportunity to re write my postage and payment instructions.
Then I listed all the items that had failed to sell during March - that's 16 things to face the world again.
This evening I have watched Delia Smith cooking Asian food. It is rare that I decide I must buy a new book, but I need her book because I just spend the entire programme filled with pleasure and realise I have forgotten a lot of what she said. I think I shall know more about Asian sauces than I have learned from Mam with the book - I never really knew what to do with Thai fish sauce, but Mam uses it often. I can feel another trip to the Asian supermarket, Wing Yip, coming on - and then perhaps to Ikea because Bill wants some of their big white cups and saucers.
Ans so, soon to bed I think.
Goodnight.