Monday, March 24, 2008

 

24th March Easter monday.

Easter Monday - and still we have no springtime weather to enjoy.

We got up early and drove to Burgess Hill where the annual Easter Monday boot sale organised by the local Rotary Club was on at a school near the centre of town.
The skies were reasonably bright and if we were out of the wind it could almost feel pleasant. But there is no doubt that the weather conditions kept potential stall holders at home. I don't blame them - after all we have a garage full of stuff that must be sold, but we have opted to wait for better weather.

We hunted round the things on the tables, in boxes under the tables and realised we were competing with other dealers - some from Rocking Horse.
I don't think anybody felt very satisfied today.
I bought one book to sell, an Angelina Ballerina book that we haven't seen for Ekatarina, 2 T shirts for Ashley (just 25p each), originally from Marks and Spencers and a strange and fascinating toy for Felix (for 70p).
Bill bought an OS map to sell and a book to read.

We took the toy straight round to Felix and enjoyed a cup of tea with Ruth.
The toy is a plastic sort of ball which plays music, does animal sounds, asks questions etc and it can roll around the floor all on its own.
Yes - after an initial wariness when it started to move, Felix thought it was good fun.
He was pleased to see me. Yesterday I had offered him the last of my weak black tea in my cup and he was happy. As soon as I got my cup today he was round me and impatient for his drink. We got another cup and cooled it down a bit for him.

Then we went to Asda for a few bits - which, with 3 of us, ended up being quite a few bits. Each of us allowing and encouraging the others to have what they wanted.
We got home and put the oven on so that Bill and Ashley could have pizza, while I had fried egg, salami and chutney with a gluten free muffin.
Then we wanted to snooze and the snow or sleet fell harder and outdoors looked quite unpleasant.

It is now late afternoon. vegetables have been boiled to make a beef and vegetable stir fry in the sweet chilli and garlic sauce that we love. The skies have cleared again and the world outside looks quiet and pleasant.

I shall put all the dinner things together quite soon and no doubt we will have a quiet evening and an early night again.