Thursday, March 13, 2008

 

13th March. Still weeping and wailing!

Bother it!
This can only be yet another "woe is me" rambling.
I awoke this morning feeling really tired for I had hardly slept. I heard the news on the hour, followed the progress of the English cricket team playing a test match in New Zealand and realised that soon it would be 5 o'clock, a time I would actually think of as being in the morning.
Thank goodness, anyway for Radio 5 Live, with all sorts of interesting things to pass the night hours away.
I guess it was at this point that I finally fell asleep for a couple of hours.
It was later I learned that the English batsmen (well, 2 of them) had turned round a complete disaster to something like respectability.
I don't think it had been much better for Bill. He had been in and out of bed, downstairs for a while and then ended up in the spare bedroom for the last few hours of the night.
So, I was tired.
But I had decided yesterday that I was not going to be dictated to by this bug any more. I had plans for the day - nothing that special of course. We needed some shopping and I reckoned we could have some lunch out too.
But plans changed.
We were half way round Lidls when I felt nauseous and faint and Bill confirmed that my face had gone very pale.
Oh no! The very symtoms of potassium levels going high. But no doubt I was just not too well and very tired.
I left Bill to go through the check out and got myself back to the car.
We drove back to Crawley Asda to complete our shopping because it would be less tiring for me there because I have a card entitling me to an electric shopping buggy.
We had a cup of tea at home and a bite to eat and I slumped on the sofa with the TV on.
Sometime later I woke up, feeling just a bit refreshed.
This evening I have completed one task I had set for myself. I put some hair colouring on - the roots of dark grey were very obvious after 5 months since the last time I did it.
Now it is time for a cup of tea and then bed again.