Sunday, March 09, 2008

 

9th March The bug keeps on and on.

The day has been dominated by the bug. Shame.

It is beginning to make me feel angry - I want my life back. I used to feel like that when I was getting ill with high potassium and then I had no idea about the prognosis of getting better.
At least with this respiratory tract infection (not a cold really in my case) I know it will go eventually. I awoke with very little voice this morning and it has remained deep and husky all day. And I have a deep barking cough.
Bill had a bad night and he has also been feeling rough today.

I had planned to find some pictures to illustrate my comments about an annual event that takes place each year and passes close by our house - but with waning energy, pictures were not found.
And we didn't take a lot of notice of all the veteran and vintage motor cycles wending their way to Brighton.
But at least the riders had a fine morning for their fun.

Also having fun was the woodpecker. We have heard him pecking away in the trees at the back of the house and today was the first time this year we had seen him seeking out food at the bird table in the front garden.

We have just taken rest really for most of the day, with quite a lot of TV watching. A lad who was once in one of my athletic teams grew to be a top footballer and played for England; already he has retired from active playing and now is the manager of Middlesbrough Football Club, so we watched with interest to see if he could get his team to the FA Cup semi finals. He failed - they failed and were beaten by a more lowly side.
But mostly we watched the World Athletics Championships. We used to hear of all the modern technology and how if we had a red button we could choose a sport to watch. Now we have the Sky dish we have that opportunity. The athletics were not shown on the regular channels, but with interactive TV we could still be a part of it - it was still BBC, with the normal BBC commentators.
We enjoyed a world record and also of course the British gold medal.
This evening there has been the ice dancing competition - last programme of that next week.
And very soon I will watch Larkrise to Candleford - gentle Victorian drama.
Who knows how I will feel tomorrow? I have started to order this bug to go away and I have started a short course of antibiotics, bought in Thailand for URT infections.
And now we have the storms to look forward to. I think South East England will not be hit too badly.
Time to end this inane rambling I think.