Tuesday, April 08, 2008

 

8th April Life, death and minor disappointments

Minor disappointments are nothing really - not in comparison to life and death.
In 2 short days Rhian (grand daughter of Mo) has experienced both. For such a premature baby it is hard to think that she may have experienced much at all. It is her parents, Nick and Sarah who will have memories of these 2 days for the rest of their lives.
And all their families too - and the rest of us, too who have felt moved and thoughtful from afar.
Rhian's twin sister, Bethany, still lives and despite her miniature size seems to be coping with life, though she has a long hard struggle ahead of her.
I am sure you can join with me in sending prayer or positive energy, or whatever is comfortable to you for Bethany and her family.

Today the sun has shone and people have come into the shop, commenting on a lovely day.
I was busy today. There were more customers than last week - but, and here is my minor disappointment.... nobody bought anything of mine today.
I sold on each of the days for the last week though.
I spent a lot of time continuing to make new price tickets for things - prices are coming down in the hope that lots gets sold before the final day.
I prefer, if I can, to make new tickets rather than cross out old prices and write in lower ones - that sort of smacks of desperation.

I said that I would take some photos today, showing how much more inviting things look without the dark locked cabinet - and here are a few.



The shelves at the near end are where the cabinet was until last Thursday. Click on the picture if you want to see more clearly what I have for sale.



This is the left hand side of my area - kitchen and nursery items in the main. The far shelves have some pretty china and Royal souvenirs.
This shows rather more clearly the 1950s style that is mostly displayed on the shelves where the cabinet was.
It is sad that what I have created in this friendly and popular shop will come to an end. It is understandable that Joy and Peter feel too much pressure on them now to continue with the venture. And it is understandable, also, that none of us in the shop want to take over that pressure.
Goodnight.