Monday, April 07, 2008

 

7th April Transient dreams and Laurel and Hardy.

Was it a dream?
I have looked at yesterday's blog and feel amazed that the world looked like a Christmas card only a few hours ago.
Almost every bit of snow has gone now and although it was chilly, the sun has shone and the skies were blue today.
The only remants of snow are where snowmen or large snowballs stood. My snowman is now a small pile of icy snow.

Today I can only feel for Mo. Yesterday she sent me news that her twin grand daughters had been born - at 25 weeks, weighing just 1lb 9oz each.
Bethany and Rhian have a major struggle and I have thought of them often during the day.
The most recent news suggests that Rhian's little life might flicker away.
Leaving a family to wonder if it was all just a dream.
Let us hope that at least Bethany might thrive.

This morning Bill and I were at the hospital. Bill's appointment was routine - just checking up on him and his medication. Nothing needs to be changed at the moment.
Methotrexate will continue to be used to fight Bill's immune system, rather than it fighting him.
Whilst he was being seen I went for my blood test. The "vampire" got the blood at the first attempt, but opted for a tiny needle. It might have been a tiny needle, but it was quite a big OUCH!

We got back home and I wrapped more things that would be sold on EBay this afternoon.
One of my items was a strange book with a Laurel and Hardy connection - about a film that they contributed to, with an opera singer as the star. The film was called Rogues Songbook. I bought it for 50p last October at Ford. When I got it home I wondered if it was 50p wasted for there was little really about the famous pair.
But my instincts on that Saturday morning had been right - it sold today for £30.01.

Right, time to pull the curtains and make a drink before bed time. I will leave getting things ready for the shop until the morning.

Goodnight.