Thursday, April 03, 2008

 

03 April Don't do rearranging - dangerous game

A word of advice......don't get involved with rearranging! It is addictive.

We went over to the shop as planned this morning and just for a change the weather felt quite springlike. The countryside looked lovely with clumps of primroses along the roadside.

The task for the morning was to take out a heavy mirrored back display cabinet.

I cleared the top of the cabinet and then emptied it - 3 shelves worth of bits and pieces. I was surrounded by stuff on the floor which spread into Ken's area, so I was hoping he wouldn't pop in and find my things hindering people's access to his shelves.

Bill took out the glass shelves and he and Jo carried it to the car, keeping fingers crossed that it would fit in. Success! It would soon be on its way.

I put 2 sets of folding shelves in its place and began to play with my things.
There will be a photo next Tuesday - but we just didn't get around to it today.
The effect is what I had wanted and had planned to do last summer and should have done a long time ago.

We had a cup of tea with Jo and I was happy to see some of my bits and pieces being wrapped and taken away.

Then we took the cabinet to the YMCA shop. I hope they make good use of it and sell it well and the new owner will be happy to use it store their treasures.

This afternoon I listed my "special" bits on EBay that I had described yesterday. The first watcher was for the pair of lovely 19th century tiles - yes, I had wondered about collecting old tiles. The first bidder was for the charming milk bottle from a Sussex farm with Mickey Mouse encouraging children to drink more milk.
I have now replied to somebody in Japan who wanted to know the cost of postage for Mishka the china bear, the Olympics souvenir from the Moscow Games in 1980.

Bill was busy sorting out the back garden digging, trowelling and trimming and discarding pots that had cracked etc.
This was when I felt the rearranging urge sweep back over me..... the garage needs sorting badly.
I now have things destined for EBay, eventually, on the shelves just inside the door and shelves further down have what I would have called shop stock, but now I suppose it is mostly destined for car boot sales. There is so much of it. Several boxes that I took out of the shop last summer just can't be emptied for there is no room. Goodness knows how we will cope with it all when May 31st comes - all mine and all Bill's stuff from the shop will have to be absorbed.

I guess the the weather gave me some energy - almost warm at times.
What a shame that I have spied snow forecast again this weekend on the met office web site.
I shall try and do some more sorting in the garage tomorrow, whilst Bill takes a trip to the dump and to a charity shop with a couple of boxes that we have ready for them.

You can imagine that both Bill and I feel weary and our muscles ache. Hooray - time for bed soon.
Goodnight.