Tuesday, April 01, 2008

 

01 April Were you fooled?

Well, that was tiring day - unfortunately it wasn't customers that kept me on the go.

But I was so absorbed that I haven't thought about April 1st jokes in the newsapapers and TV - but then nothing will beat the item made by Richard Dimbleby (the voice of all grand and solemn occasions) telling us all about spaghetti grower in Switzerland. That was over 50 years ago.
Quote from the BBC website about this spoof..........
"Spaghetti is not a widely-eaten food in the UK and is considered by many as an exotic delicacy."
Times have changed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/1/newsid_2819000/2819261.stm

I decided as things seemed to be quiet that I would use the time to deal with my own things.
There will come a time in a couple of months when all our unsold stock will have to be removed from the shop and decisions will have to be made about its future.
Some of the better things - and easier to post things - will be pulled out to sell on EBay.
Much of it will be taken to car boot sales, where the prices will have to be a bit less if we want to sell. I decided that over the next 8 weeks I should spend my time reducing almost everything in price.
If everything will end up with a carboot sale price tag, then it might as well start now and if it entices people to buy from the shop then that will save us effort later on - no wrapping and clearing when leaving the shop and no taking it to car boot sale.
I did quite a lot today and I would like to do the same next Tuesday in preparation for when the antiques fair is on a week later.
So, I was back and forth up and down the shop bringing things to the desk and writing new labels for much of the day.
I think all of us in the shop are now working on strategies to make the clear up as easy as possible.
Well, time to enjoy a little more of a relaxing evening.
I want to work in the morning describing things. I have some things waiting that should be listed with a higher opening bid than I normally use and on Thursday there is a 5p listing day for any item and I would like to take advantage of it.
I must have a blood test tomorrow.
And then later we will go to see Jenny who wants some local old photographs, no doubt for the village association or a lecture to a local organisation.
Right, time to put the kettle on. Goodnight.