Thursday, April 17, 2008

 

17th April Doctors, potatoes and routine.

This has been a routine sort of day.

The one out of routine happening was Bill's visit to the local GP - mind you medical appointments do seem to be very routine these days.
Bill's blood pressure is still a bit too high and so a new drug has been added to his original ones.....bendroflumethiazide; just try asking for that in a hurry!
I can't really believe that the doctor didn't tell Bill what these tablets are - but then as Bill probably didn't ask, she may have thought he didn't want to know.
But I think he should have been made aware that they are diuretics - because he might have worried about an increased number of trips to the loo.
They are often used to help lower blood pressure.
I always need to talk through as much as I can and even then turn to the internet for more information, and so of course I wanted to know what drugs Bill was on.

I have been describing today. I really wanted to get some things listed on EBay because it is just about the last day I could do it before a gap of about 10 days to include our trip to Bangor on 1st May.
The auctions need to finish with enough time for me to deal with the stragglers who pay up slowly.
I am still waiting for some communication from the buyer of the Noddy clock that sold on Sunday and a cheque for Mishka the mascot of the 1980 Moscow Olympics. I generally wait 5 days and then send an initial very gentle reminder.
Today I listed 12 more things, including some interesting crested pieces - 3 of which have watchers already.
I shall list again on the Sunday before we go away - so I have time to get quite a lot of describing done.

A friend is selling her old jeep on EBay and is very pleased that it will be going. She was pleased the other day to know she would get £650, but now I see it has just sold for £880.
Lets hope that Bill's bike gets a similar good result - well, not that amount of money of course; but we would like to see the bidding go up.

I have just remembered - there was something out of the ordinary for me today; I have eaten a baked potato in its jacket! Yummy! Dr Hillman said I should take the risk and today I did it.

The sun has shone today - but the fierce East wind has made it feel very cold.

Tomorrow is a hard day for Mo and the family. There will be a special funeral for Rhian the premature twin who did not survive. I can understand the need to acknowledge her death in a personal way with the family. Rhian will not be forgotten. Beth, praying that she continues to do well, will know of her twin sister.

I am still very tired. I nodded off to sleep between half past seven and eight o'clock this evening. Soon I will take myself to bed.
Goodness knows how I will cope with an evening out tomorow. There is a social evening and meal for shop people.

Goodnight.