Tuesday, April 22, 2008

 

22nd April. The shop rocked well today.

I had planned for a quiet day in the shop. I took the laptop with me and a box of books to describe, but at the end of the day I had sorted out just 6 of the books.
It was busy!
The sun shone and it seems to have encouraged people to get out.
So I have enjoyed selling and conversation with quite a number of people.
The sales sheets - yes, more than one today, told of many little sales; and Bill was the top scorer.
Joy and Peter came in and told of their new beginnings in a shop in Lewes where sellers don't have to do any duties.
I started to feel a twinge of envy and wished we had somewhere new to make a fresh start. But right now is not the best time. I would like a free summer to strengthen my body - some more days like today would help no end.

When we got home I saw that an item of clothing I had bid on was to be mine. It is a skirt and top with an attached little scarf. I rarely wear skirts, but this could be useful to have. It is brand new from Damart (who now supply my underwear) - I have yet to see if it fits well. It should be OK.
I already have the clothes - the seller lives no more than a mile from us, so we drove round after dinner and paid her cash and the deal is done - for £5.

There was a fantastic big red setting sun as we drove there. But I had not thought to have the camera with me for a 10 minute trip out.
The image remains in my brain though - for me to enjoy.

Time for a bit of relaxation now.
Goodnight.