Saturday, April 26, 2008

 

26th April Tiredness after the track.

I had thought that maybe I would create a blog tonight that would be a bit more elaborate than on other recent days......
but, I am so tired.
And my gut aches with fragility.
Shame.

The day has been good - sunshine and a degree of warmth not experienced before this year.
At the track many people were happy to spend the afternoon in shorts and sleeveless shirts - I chose, on the draughty timekeepers' steps to keep my jumper on.
I was chief time keeper for 2 women's league matches. Crawley were matched against Colchester, Ashford and Newquay.
Those Cornish girls had a long way to travel for the match.
The other match from a lower didvision also had 4 teams.

We worked with some very pleasant timekeepers from kent and Essex and it all went smoothly and in a very friendly manner.

Bill and I left before the final results. Despite some terrific Crawley performances I think we were just beaten into second place by Colchester.
I had to smile at the comment from the Colchester timekeeper as their last runner took the baton just ahead of the Crawley girl in the 4 X 400 metres relay..... "I can't see our girl being beaten" he said "she is a junior international". Well, she was beaten - our Crawley girl is also a high quality runner.

We have eaten, watched Doctor Who and the search for a Nancy to star in Oliver on the West End stage.

I then went upstairs and turned on my radio and listened to the last interview by Miles Kington, an amusing writer that I feel I grew up with through the medium of radio. He died in January.
I enjoyed a lie down to share in the programme and almost fell asleep - that's what comes of waking up before 5 o'clock in the morning; or maybe it is just all the fresh air we have had today that has made me feel so drowsy.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is still bad - though not quite as bad as predicted 2 days ago. I still think we made the correct decision not to do a car boot sale, but maybe we'll see how things are early on and perhaps go to one.
Tuesday now looks to be a rotten day with heavy rain.

Right - time to return to the bedroom I think. Goodnight.