Wednesday, April 30, 2008

 

30th April Roll up, roll up - the end is nigh!

I wrote last night that we were still waiting for the rain - well, there has been plenty of it since then. The roads are awash with water.

This morning we both had haircuts.

Then we went over to Ardingly with the sale notices which Bill made last night to hang in our areas.

Surely this might be the very last time I share pictures of my little space in Rocking Horse with you.
If you have a moment, then do click on each photo to enlarge it.




I do like those tall dolls. I am not sure why nobody has ever been tempted to buy them. Now I would like somebody to feel the same urge as I did and hand over the money that I paid for them.


Just to show that I have gathered together some pretty bits and pieces from some of the better known manufacturers.


Here is Jo sorting out her christening gowns.
Everybody is tidying and reducing prices right now.


A sweet little dolly - I mean the one in my hand of course!
Bill poses by his little area, which has been a great success for him.

Since then we have gathered together all (hopefully) that is needed for our few days away.
Gone are the days when a change of clothes and a toothbrush would suffice.

Jamie is also away from tomorrow. They plan to leave at half past five in the morning, transferring sleeping children to the car and stopping for some breakfast halfway to Chumphon.

We plan to leave home by about 8 o'clock.

I am sure Ashley will allow me a short while to write some words on the blog each evening - photographs of people and places will follow later (not too many I promise!).
We will be back home on Monday evening.
I'll finish with an optical illusion that Ashley sent. You may have seen it before, but fascinating each time it is seen. I think this one deserves to be enlarged to get the full effect - but I am not sure if it can be.