Wednesday, May 28, 2008

 

28th May Wednesday - wet again.

As, no doubt, you know I am collecting postcards of Crawley and in particular of Brighton Road - our road.

Today I received one that I had bid for on EBay which I think is a bit special.
It shows HMA Delta being admired and marvelled at by people in Brighton Road (the north end by the level crossing) in 1915.

Click on it to make it bigger - I think it is so interesting.



Bill has been researching this airship during today.

And Brighton Road is where we have stayed today - yet another day of constant rain, but not as fierce as on Monday.

I have described more things for EBay. These are things I have not really dealt with on eBay before so I shall just have to see how they go. There are 6 old Ladybird books with dust wrappers - like they used to have in the 50s and 60s.
And I also have some football programmes. I know they are not as valuable as some that Rocking Horse Ian sells on EBay, but here's hoping mine actually sell.
There are a series of Brighton and Hove Albion away games programmes - many for the season when they got promoted to the top division in 1979.

I am still very tired. Meanly I am almost glad when I hear others telling me that they feel desperately tired, for this must mean that there is nothing specifically wrong with me.
The others are Jo and Bill - between the 3 of us we have all experienced accidents, the end of an era as Rocking Horse closes and also this awful weather.
Maybe it is these things that are dragging us down.
Bill and I feel that we are not yet functioning - the old world has gone (old car and Rocking Horse) and we have not yet got to a time when our new world can begin.
Bill will see a doctor or physiotherapist on Saturday morning about his jarring to the body in the accident.

No wonder car insurance is so expensive - there are just so many different people and offices involved on our behalf. Let me see - insurance office, solicitors, carhire people, people organising medical checks, doctors, physios etc. They all need their slice of the cake which the other insurance company will be slicing up. Not a day goes by without letters of or phone calls from one or other of them.

There were some patches of blue sky this evening before darkness began to fall - and hooray, the weather forecast suggests there will be no rain tomorrow; no more until Friday night and Saturday morning perhaps.

And with the pleasant thoughts of a dry day tomorrow, I bid you goodnight.