Saturday, August 04, 2012

 

Rest day or golden Olympian day.

Today was a rest day!
Rest for me - but not for the gold medal winners at The Olympics.......what a lot of British winners today.
So glad I was home to share in it.
So, so pleased that I can feel so proud of the sport I am involved with and that people from my world have achieved all that they could dream of.
I just can't explain enough how it has warmed and cheered me.
Early morning I didn't feel so warm.
Ashley and I went to the small local boot sale at Faygate.......until we got absolutely drenched.
But we did come home with things. I have things to sell. I thought that I might be selling a lovely quilt, but Ashley will have it for his bedroom. It was just £5.
This afternoon we went to Ifield to see family.
It was delightful to watch E Minor playing so happily with her young half second cousin once removed.....at least that's what we believe the relationship is.
No pictures again today - I'll catch up some time.
Tomorrow we are heading north - a boot sale near Walton on Thames. Then, after a breakfast we'll take a stroll in Bushey Park and round Hampton Court.