Wednesday, August 01, 2012

 

Walk to the viaduct.

Lovely full day.
Hospital this morning for an ultrasound scan......kidneys and liver seem to be in good shape.
Bill was there too, for a blood test.
Home.
Made a bread pudding.
This afternoon heaved ourselves up from Olympics viewing - Bradley Wiggins could win a gold medal without my help!
We walked from Ardingly Reservoir to Balcombe Viaduct - not a long walk.
The sky was blue and the countryside was lovely.
I have always wanted to be under that viaduct.....why have waited all our adult lives to do it?




I seem to have a notion in my head that it is good luck to see a train on the viaduct when passing by.


































It felt like being inside the viaduct.
Quite extraordinary - it is like a cathedral.
Great echoes!
We clapped out rhythms to echo back to us.


We all loved it.
Young E thought it was quite magical and would have liked to stay.


















Woe is me - I couldn't get up on that base of one of the arches - too high































Just because I like it.


The black key necklace, bought in George Street yesterday.


There are many more photos.
I will sort them out for myself....who knows if any more will feature on the blog?
I guess I might do a sort of travelogue posting.















This evening we have enjoyed a lovely chatty evening with Bill's sister and her husband.
Late night.
And early morning tomorrow - off to Ford and Littlehampton.