Tuesday, July 31, 2012

 

Shopping trip with grand daughter.

Fun day - and my pictures are very disappointing.
Guilty secret coming up......I haven't read the manual that came with my little camera. And I don't understand when it suddenly announces to me that the built in memory is full.
I took a lot of pictures this morning which were not on the card.
So my photo diary of the day is a bit lopsided.
Today was a day for E Minor and I to have some fun. It was hard work fun at first....neither of us really knew how to have a whole £10 which we had to spend.
We looked at all sorts of things.
We were in George Street in Hove - home of many charity shops and some quirky individual shops too.

We enjoyed the buttons.
But I have masses of buttons in my button tins at home.


















We went into 2 book shops - E's most favourite sort of shop.
But as a family we rarely buy brand new books - why do that when you can buy so many for 50p or less at the car boot sale?
But I sensed that E thought a new book would be money well spent. She is addicted to reading!


So many to choose from.














But which one?
Agony!
Finally a decision had to be made.
She bought Ultraviolet by B J Anderson.
It is weird.
It begins with a 16 year old in a mental hospital, having murdered a girl in school.
She doesn't recall the murder except that she knows that the girl just disintegrated.
Dr Faraday believes her - but he is weird and reveals much more about a strange world than the heroine can possibly imagine.


Whatever happened to The Famous Five?






And that's it for George Street pictures.

We went into a kitchen shop - full of gadgets and utensils. This was for my benefit.
Then we went into an accessory shop.
We were about to buy  something each; then the assistant said that everything on the sale shelves was £1 each.
So I gave up the £4 I still had to spend so that E could choose 5 things.















I bought a little frying pan to cook heart shaped eggs.
Bit of fun!
And I bought a pretty box.
My bargain was from a charity shop - a case of goodies given to Business Class passengers on Iberian airways.
The case will be very good for my stop watches.
E bought a dress to wear over a T shirt and leggings in the same charity shop.
The 5 items she bought were a scarf, a necklace, 2 keyrings and some black fuzzy things for a pony tail.

We had a lot of fun together.




















The book and the necklace.  No, Enid Blyton didn't write like that!

We had a snack (quite a big snack!) at The Marina.
And then had a walk on the west breakwater.



Damp and murky. Sea was splashing up over the breakwater.
I failed to realise just how much was coming over and spraying the lens of the camera.


So - not a very clear picture.



















The last Marina pictures you saw were when we walked on the east breakwater which is just across the harbour entrance.

















See the sea spray on her glasses? Well my camera lens must have been a bit like that!
She was giggling at having just got soaked.


Chatting with Grandad.

















Ashley cooked a tasty vegetable and tuna risotto.
Hooray! There are left overs.