Monday, July 30, 2012

 

Monday shop.

Strange day really - quite jolly and quite successful.
We were without Monika for most of the day.
She had been to a festival over the weekend near Lewes. She had assumed that everybody would return yesterday evening, but discovered that her friends were staying until Monday morning.
We were quite busy with customers.
One is a regular customer of Bill's and he loves to talk - quite a lonely man, I think.
But conversation today was a bit of a shocker - so much so that even I wasn't sure how to respond!
He told us he had been released on bail after a neighbour of his had accused him of rape. He seems to have done a lot for her over the years. It may be true that she had felt let down by him not offering more than financial help - so badly let down that she wanted revenge. But I was loathe to take sides.
Monika bought us a fabulous cake because she had let us down - good to eat, but felt a bit bloated after it.
We had some interesting lively customers for a while, who treated us like old friends.
I sold a teapot for £50 - I have a regular buyer for novelty teapots.
My cannon teapot was one he just had to have.
We were quite late leaving.
Since then we have eaten and watched athletics.
And now I must let E Minor Eckyoff - back on to the computer.