Friday, August 03, 2012

 

Brief resume of today's trip.

It's exhausting having fun!
I have heard by body calling to me that it needs some rest....but still I feel I want to show the world to my grand daughter.
So this afternoon we went to Cuckmere Haven.
It's quite a walk from the car park to the estuary. It is an interesting estuary because the river just flows into the sea - nothing man made - no harbour of any kind and no village or town.
It was lovely - but the 60 years since my childhood have changed the place.
I am sure that the river course has altered.
We walked along the beach, which I found very tiring on the big pebbles.
The views along The Seven Sisters cliffs were spectacular.
We bought fish and chips in Newhaven and ate them at the edge of the harbour bay.
Time for bed - photographs can wait.
Goodnight.