Thursday, March 22, 2012

 

Supermarket adventure.

Well, it was sort of an adventure this morning. We went to Broadfield.
Broadfield is a large neighbourhood of Crawley with very mixed reputations.
When big supermarkets were in their infancy we went there weekly to the big Sainsbury's store.
There is still a shopping parade and a large supermarket - it is a Morrison's now.
I like Morrison's and felt I would like a change.
Going to an unfamiliar supermarket almost creates a holiday atmosphere - goodness it even feels a bit like French hypermarket!
Shopping was done - and I was pleased with quality and price on the whole.
The parade boasts a charity shop.
Lots of customers in there - the charity (Relate) must be doing well from it.
I bought a pair of black Marks and Spencers trousers that fit very well. I also bought  a pair of shorts.
I found 2  thick paperback books to add to my pile - just 25p each. Sadly, couldn't find a Catherine Alliott.
As we were waiting to pay - 2 of the volunteer ladies were sorting out CDs to put on the shelf.
One commented that most charity shops charge £1.95 for a CD.
"That's too much" said the other. Their CDs were £1.
I bought one with 25 tracks - The Very Best of Joe Brown to mark his 50 years making records. There are old favourites and new songs.
I love "I'll see You in My Dreams" which Joe sang at the George Harrison remembrance concert.
So a successful shopping trip with a bit of pleasure to it.
Later I got Bill to scan some books for me and I began to describe some more.
Bill also scanned the postcard that I bought yesterday from John Thompson, the artist.




Beautiful!