Wednesday, March 21, 2012

 

Wakehurst Place Sussex.

Oh what  a beautiful morning!
It would have seemed wrong to waste such a day.
So, we grabbed our cameras and went to Wakehurst Place.
It was a beautiful time.

Sticky buds on the horse chestnut tree.....and a quite wonderful blue sky.

A couple stared up to see what I might be taking a picture of - not realising that a sticky bud was a wonderful sign that Spring has arrived.












Ducks.
Sorry I don't know which type of duck they are.
I am sure somebody will add a comment for me.

























Yellow cuckoo pint.


Mallard ducks.
Such beautiful heads.




















We had walked all the way down to the lake at the bottom of the hill - only to find it had been drained and much improvement work going on. That's good.
But there was a lot of climbing back up the hill, with much panting (me) and aching knees (Bill). Not so good.























I waited a long while to catch the chaffinch successfully.



















Rhododendron flower.


































Magnolia.
















































mauve and blue.
The only picture I am using today that Bill took.
Sorry Bill!



















I always like reflections.
Daffodils will soon be over for this year - very early.












Lovely tree bark and blue sky.
Must point out that this tree trunk does not belong to the conifer tree behind.





























There was an art exhibition in the house.
Loved the work - very impressionistic, as I prefer for paintings.
The artist is John Thompson.
I chatted......then he looked over my shoulder and greeted Bill like an old friend.
John had worked in the art department at Crawley College and remembered Bill's face.


The gardeners  had leant their tools against the tree and gone to lunch.
Time for us to do the same.



















Just a cuppa and some cake.
Oh that meringue! The biggest and gooiest that I have had for a long time and with tangy orange peel.
This was particularly suitable for me, as I begin another session of being bread free in particular and gluten free less strictly.
Delightful sitting out in the sun.