Wednesday, March 07, 2012

 

I wish I had some good strong teeth.

Today has in many ways been much like yesterday. Just add some nasty weather this morning and a visit to the dentist and there we have it!
Over nearly 40 years I have built up a superb relationship with my dentist- my Bill Clinton.
Remarkably, I haven't seen him for 6 months. I rarely seem to last 6 months without some sort of emergency.
Today he filled one tooth and cleaned and polished.
When he had finished he uttered ominous words - words I have expected.
"I think we shall soon have to decide what is to become of the remaining teeth"
I guess we will decide in 6 more months, if I last that long.
I certainly now would like to have the 5 remaining top teeth removed - though I won't like it happening. Crumbs I feel scared already!
I might be better off losing the 9 at the bottom, though I don't like that idea. I have no false teeth for the bottom, so chewing food is not done very effectively; and for somebody with poor digestion, food should be ground to a pulp.
We'll see. It's in the future. I don't have to deal with it now. Negative feelings - be gone!
After the visit to the dentist we went shopping for food mostly - a Lidls shop in the main. But we had to go to Asda too for the cat food which Harry is eating.
Bill also bought a digi box in there for the TV in the bedroom. If we are to have a set upstairs then it might as well work; and the box will be needed from the beginning of April.
Bill fitted it this afternoon.
I described and listed 7 more things for EBay.
I finished printing my chosen February photographs.
I phoned French Julie. She sounded in good shape with much laughter. Now she just has to believe that the  lifestyle of today will be different next week and the week after, Even today the lifestyle didn't sound too bad.....her neighbour had been in with some food for her and a glass of wine was standing by.
The weather will be good tomorrow morning - but chilly. We are going to Ford. I am wondering about a trip afterwards to somewhere completely different. Littlehampton can do without us for one week.