Monday, March 05, 2012

 

Monday Highs and Lows.

I wanted lots of customers today and we got them - and many were spending fair amounts of money.
We sold Lalique glass and Moorcroft china.
It was a good day and happily I did well too.
After I had sorted my fresh stock, I decided to sort out Julie's section. Oh dear, it was so dusty!
It has all been rearranged. Some of her stuff is good and much is not more than bric a brac.
I tried to highlight the good stuff.
Within the hour I had taken £80 for her.
Display matters.
Stephen came in for Monika today who was in London at a medical appointment with her daughter.
I felt a bit bad about this - surely Bill and I should have just been gracious and agreed to look after the shop with no extra help.
But I thought Monika should follow through a bit more on her commitments to the shop.
It was just as well really that Stephen was there. Most of the time he could get on with another project - fitting up a series of video cameras to hopefully prevent thefts and to be able to identify people who do slip through the security net.
But for a while it was just Stephen and Bill on duty.
I was stuck out the back in our freezing cold and damp loo in a shed. Sounds like fun eh?
For those new to the blog I will explain simply that I no longer have a  bladder. I have a stoma which feeds wee into a special plastic bag fixed to my belly.
Just sometimes the bag leaks. Not nice when it happens and it must be dealt with as soon as possible.
I changed the bag and all my clothes out there in the shed!
Brrrrrr!
After feeling just a bit distressed I suddenly felt such a good feeling, because the problem had been dealt with successfully.
And that has basically been the day - enhanced by cakes from Iris.
Iris was 85 today. She is a woman who likes to bring things for me to sell. I admire her tremendously for adding this interest to 85 year old life - so I encourage her to keep on doing it and I do end up with things that I probably would never have thought to buy for myself. She buys from charity shops and boot sales or finds things at home.
Today she had nothing for me to buy but she did have a box of beautifully made cream meringues for us to celebrate her birthday with.
Hmmmmm! Lovely - and no Monika or Julie to share them with!