Wednesday, October 19, 2011

 

Today and looking back to Koh Siray, Phuket.

One of the activities of the day has been to begin sorting through holiday photos.
Many of them have appeared on the blog already.
Our task now is to decide what and how many to print.
Today I will add pictures to the blog because I know that during the first days of our holiday I was not getting photos published.

Another activity was to receive our flu jabs. It didn't hurt at the time - but is beginning to irritate now.
Next Wednesday I'll be back for another jab - I realised that I was overdue for my B12 injection.

We did a bit of food shopping. I have returned with an urge to cook more from recipe books. Today we had Fragrant Pork and Rice. The pork was in the form of sausage balls made from good quality sausages. I needed to stock up with a few ingredients.
It was very tasty.

There has been real sadness today too.
My good friend Marion's husband had cancer. We saw him just before we went away. I thought then that his time was much more limited than Marion and Robin, himself, thought. I wondered if he might die whilst we were away. He lasted only a few days longer - he died yesterday.
I know this because his daughter in law wrote a loving and moving tribute on facebook.
Tomorrow I must phone Marion.

Now for some pictures from the first few hours in Thailand.
I commented recently on the awful ugly soulless atmosphere at a British airport and contrasted this with others we have visited.
This picture was snatched as we walked along the wide walkways linking sections of the airport in Bangkok.


We had hardly arrived at the JJJJ house when the Lego was extracted from our bags and was soon all over the floor.

The next day was bright and sunny.
I wanted to go to a temple - and the one on Koh Siray was the one I wanted.
Bill and I had been there before, but left all our money in the car and could make no donation.
I wanted to make amends.

A deep echoey resonant tone comes from the bell.

The view to the south west.
I hope by now you have realised that Phuket is a very green and hilly island.






























A Jamie photograph of me on the steps up to the temple on the hill.















Jamie, before the hairdresser attacked his hair later that day.
Mam still loved him even after the awful hair cut.





























The reclining Buddha in the temple.






























Jessica and little pink flower.






























Bill and John ring the bell on the way down.

By the road back to Phuket Town there is a "Monkey Seeing" viewpoint.
We did see some - and then saw a lot more.
It was amazing how they knew bananas had been bought long before they could see them.This monkey was constantly trying to break open whatever he had in his hand by hitting it on the branch of the tree.




My two Thai monkeys!

There will be more pictures from this first day.
It was amazing how much we packed in - no tiredness or jet lag.

Labels: