Saturday, October 15, 2011

 

Back to reality.

Scraping ice from the car windscreen before dawn didn't feel like a good idea.
The temperature was 1.9 degrees - around 30 degrees lower than we experienced 2 mornings ago.
But I think I had been right to decide to ignore tiredness and jet lag and go to Ford.
The sun came up to bring the morning light - a glorious autumn day.
Buying seemed hard at Ford - focusing minds on that part of our lives was not easy.
Then we breakfasted in Littlehampton.
Walking by the river was a good experience. We truly had embraced our own form of reality.
The sea sparkled in the sunlight and people were out enjoying life.

This afternoon Jo came round with 2 lots of money from the shop. I have done so well in the first 2 weeks we were away.
It has taken much of the evening to go through the my stock file, crossing off sold items.

We had an extra trip out - to Tescos.
We have found that our video camera on the computer for use on Skype was not working well. We just couldn't make ourselves heard.
We bought a new camera.
I want it functioning well for when Jessica and John return home from Chumphon, now that Jamie has bought a camera for the home computer.

But now it is bedtime - I am up later than last night, when I went to bed at quarter past eight.
But already I feel more lively and very grounded in my own world.