Monday, October 10, 2011

 

Kin Dee. Phuket. Second hand clothes.

Saturday......rain. Lots of rain.
No trips to islands today.
We decided to explore a restaurant towards north of island. Kin Dee has been described as a restaurant in the jungle doing basic local food by an award winning chef.
We were disappointed really.
Food was good enough - prices, outrageous.
Jamie will describe it a little differently on his blog. It certainly would be an interesting venue for people staying at the Marriott hotel - and those people might not think that was expensive.
Jamie could almost make a living from his blog.

In the evening Mam and I went to the weekend market to hunt for second hand clothes. I was in my element!

I haven't told of an incident from Friday evening. Quite late Jamie, Mam and Bill went to have a drink with friends., I stayed with Jess and John.
I was happily reading on the sun lounger outdoors.
But....time to go into the house.
How?
How to get up off the sun lounger?
I tried and tried.......message from brain to legs: "One, two. three. Push up!"
All to no avail.
I managed to shuffle the sun lounger over to the garden furniture.
No success there.
Call for the children......no success there. They were in the bedroom, playing with playstation games.
At last, I contacted them and they came and sat on one edge of the lounger, whilst I sort of threw myself off onto my knees (onto a cushion).
Heave! Use the furniture to slowly stand up.
Poor old womn.

Now for some pictures.