Wednesday, October 05, 2011

 

Monday. Rain. At the dam. Sam Kong Ladder climbing.

Monday - heavy rain most of the day.

It eased later to allow us a walk at the dam.




































Jamie on the dam points across to where his home is.

Later, still no rain, we all went to Sam Kong shrine.
This was the night of ladder climbing on rungs of upturned blades.
I guess we were meant to believe that the absence of blood was due to the presence of the gods.


I was very pleased with my position right at the front by the railings.
































The men climbed up and over the top and then down the other side.

































My 2 lovely companions for the evening.















We walked back to the car along a vibrant street lined with many, many food stalls. Each stall was cooking vegetarian snacks.
It was, of course dark, with lights along the shops and stalls,.
The were crowds of people - almost all in white.
The traffic was congested - trying to get through.
And I was eating the most fabulous grape sorbet, topped with chocolate sauce, as I walked.
I felt a million miles from my world and happy.

Labels: