Tuesday, September 20, 2011

 

Chores followed by wine.

I wrote last night that today would be a chores day- and so it was, but I forgot to write down ironing on my things to do list. So that must be fitted into tomorrow.
But almost everything else on the list has been completed - from a blood test to ordering tickets for the paralympics next year.
If we get them we will be making 3 trips to the Olympic Park - I would like to be a part of it at the main arena and in the velodrome.
We have also booked for a day pass which will allow us to see other sports and to wander about.
I would have booked for more - but I feared total exhaustion making more trips to London. Over 60s' tickets are only £5 each.
Now we wait to see what will happen.
I guess that even if we miss the most popular days (if there are any), we would be able to book later for undersubscribed events.

This evening I am late writing. We have been talking and drinking with Bill's sister and her husband.
We had a British wine from Norfolk. I liked it a lot - definitely a hint of blackberry.

Tomorrow, apart from that ironing, we plan to go to Brighton. Arrangements are not fixed - depends on the weather. If fine we will go to the midweek racecourse bootsale. Lunch could be anywhere - but The Marina is in mind.