Saturday, September 17, 2011

 

Getting ready for something special.

This has been at home day.
We spent time this morning doing the bulk of our packing for Thailand.
I know this is quite early - we don't go until Thursday afternoon, but it is good to get the worries of decision making over and done with.
There seemed to be so much to pack - could it all fit in our travel bags? And if it did fit would it all be too heavy?
The bags are certainly heavy - but both are under the permitted maximum weight.
There are still a few more things to go in. And our cabin bags are maximum size - so they can carry all the things that I would really worry about not having with me if bags went astray.
Having a stoma does make travel a bit more complicated.

Shortly after the bags were packed Jamie put a picture on facebook.....and suddenly I remembered exactly why the packing and the travelling is so worthwhile.






























We have something special!

It will be a great three weeks doing lots with the family and playing and talking at home.

The picture makes me feel really good and I am excited about the trip.
Carpe diem......I will enjoy each day.

Now we can relax. If there is no further rain we will go to a car boot sale in the morning.