Wednesday, September 21, 2011

 

Shop, lunch and neighbours.

I suppose it could be raining on Saturday, too....which will upset family plans.
But at least it will be warm rain!
Today rain changed our plans. It was dismal for a while and we opted not to go to Brighton.
Instead we went to Dorking. I am glad I did because with the kitchen chairs gone I was able to put some other things in front of the main shelves.

Those kitchen weighing scales are extremely heavy and much to large for most modern kitchens.


























The doll's pram is in very good condition, despite being 40 or 50 years old.






















General view of my section.
I wonder how much will have gone by the time we are next there....October 17th.





















It was a very sociable time with about 7 of us dealers chatting and laughing .
It is a good place to have as part of my world.

Bill and I came home via Horley and had the bargain afternoon meal in The George Fairman (Wetherspoons).
But I had to battle for it!
Bill had ordered and thought he had been understood - but the silly girl had sent through the wrong order to the kitchen and slices of ham with egg and chips arrived - and not with the tea or coffee included in the price.
I think Bill might have muttered "Never mind"....but I did mind. I wanted gammon and I didn't want to have to pay for the drinks.
I got it sorted and I enjoyed my meal for £3.49, as it should have been.

By this time the weather was much improved.

Once we were home we went to see our neighbour Rose - enjoying more tea with her.
Rose is over 80, but in no way are her faculties diminished. I need to know that she is around in the back ground to keep a watch on Frieda - our 90 year old neighbour, who does have difficulties holding life together these days.

It is now time for Who Do You Think You Are - Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees this week.
BBC TV is one thing I miss when we are out of the country.
I miss the interesting programmes about people - their triumphs and tragedies and the way people cope with things.

I definitely won't be blogging tomorrow evening - at this time (9 o'clock) we will actually not have yet left the country - but should be boarding the plane for a late supper and hopefully some sleep.
I shall try to put a very brief blog posting on most days when we are away - but there will be 6 of us chasing just one computer!
I think pictures will get on to facebook - from one or other of us. Maybe not on to the blog.

Time to finish the red wine from yesterday evening.

Bye for now.

Labels: