Friday, July 08, 2011

 

Puddle Jumping.

My, it really did rain for a while this morning.
I parked by the doctor's medical centre, out of the car - head down, battling against the rain and wind.
Next moment my sandalled feet were splashing in a huge puddle.
Oooh cold!
I gather this is called puddle jumping - I wish I has seen the damn puddle and jumped over it!
Ruth and her boys have been puddle jumping today - but I suspect that she had insisted on wellington boots.
I had gone to the medical centre to deliver my 2 little bottles for testing.
Results of another test have gone astray.
My bone scan results should be in - but they are somewhere else it seems. We know not where.

I sorted out the next 25 things that will be ebayed. I described 8 of them, ready to be listed tomorrow early evening. It was all books today - 3 Elsie J Oxenham Abbey Girls books and 5 Folio Society boxed books.
One of the FS books was Diary of a Nobody. I have loved that book since I was given it to study for a speech and drama exam when I was 14 or 15.
It makes me laugh.
Charles Pooter writes his diary with such pomposity about the reactions of others within his narrow world.

Ashley had news today.
He had been waiting for 9 o'clock this morning to get free tickets to a children's prom concert at The Albert Hall in London. Once on line he was informed that he was well down the queue and crossly realised that he wouldn't get them.
But then he phoned up.
And the upshot of his phone call is a free box at The Albert Hall for more people than the 4 of us who planned to go.
The concert is a Horrible Histories programme on Saturday morning 30th July.
Any children of about E Minor's age would be welcome to join us.
It should be fun.

We have also booked tickets today - to see the next Barn Theatre Production, starring our nephew, Antony.
Well, he might not be the star this time.
The play is Outside Edge, a cricketing comedy.

Roger is having trouble getting a team together for the afternoons fixture against the British Railways Maintenance Division Yeading East but this proves to be the least of anyones worries. Bob is having marriage trouble as he is still doing odd jobs for his ex-wife behind his current wife Ginnie's back. Dennis is also having marital trouble as his wife seems intent on moving house despite the fact they only moved recently. When he finally puts his foot down she sets fire to his new car. Kevin is trying to fight off his over affectionate wife Maggie while at the same time nurse his injured spinning finger and Alex's new girlfriend ends up shutting herself in the toilets having hysterics. Even Roger's seemingly perfect marriage to Miriam hits the skids when she discovers he was playing away from home in more ways than one on a trip to Dorking last year. Just when it seems things can't get any worse for them, it starts to rain.

Our tickets are booked for Thursday 21st July. Anybody wish to join us?

Tomorrow promises to be a rather better day - weatherwise.
Good - we are at Horsham for a Men's Southern League athletics match.