Friday, April 29, 2011

 

A right royal day.

Bless them! They truly seem to have got things right.
Their wedding was right for them and right for the people - though, of course, there are grumblers complaining about the fuss and the cost.
They have taken their time and learned so much about themselves and how to make the best of the life they have to lead.
The dress was lovely.
But keep the image of that dress in your head a while.

I hope that their party was fun.
There was fun in Monkland as some of the family were together for food, drink, talk and laughter.





























The table was decorated with old royal memorabilia.














It took us a while to get sorted round the table. The table is not big enough for all the dishes of food - we had to serve ourselves from dishes spread round the kitchen.


Peter and Antony tuck in.
















Jane.













Salad to accompany 4 different types of chicken curry.

Pam




































Almost all settled now.




















I felt so happy that we had arranged to do something on this wedding holiday.















Red Thai curry, chicken korma, chicken masala and chicken kung po.
And before you congratulate me on working so hard.....I didn't!
I decided that this was not the TV programme "Come Dine with Me" and our guests had not come to mark my cooking skills.
What was wanted was time to be together.




































We enjoyed puddings and cake through the day - thank you guests for providing those..

Now think back to that beautiful dress....I want to share with you another couple on their wedding day.





























My grandparents - my mother's parents.
They would not have had much money. It looks like Grandad should have had some new trousers.
But Grandmother Jessie had style. Her dress had a V neck line, like Kate's and the simple veil was held in place by a tiara of made no doubt of cheap imitation flowers.
I thought of this picture as I watched the TV.

A lovely day.
I am ready for bed - I gather the young royals will be partying into the night.
The Queen decided that partying into the night was not for her - she and the Duke left mid afternoon to a cottage on the Sandringham estate for a bit of peace!