Wednesday, April 20, 2011

 

Ardingly Antiques Fair.

The sun shone down on the Ardingly Antiques Fair.
We walked and browsed for a long morning - surely we saw almost all the 1500 stalls?
Well, obviously we did not; but it felt like it.
There are stalls in some of the smarter parts of the show ground (indoors) and in cattle sheds etc, so at least are under cover. Many more are outside.
Often those people have a bad time in poor weather, but not today.
It is the outside stalls that always attract me first - things can be a bit cheaper there.
I went with self control in mind - not more than £50 and maybe only 3 purchases. In the event I came home with 6 things and spent only £33. I also came home with aching hips and legs!
Now for some views of the fair - there is something for everybody amongst those 1500 stalls.

Early morning stall out in the field.


These glass dealers always create a fantastic display.


We took lots of our own drink.
But we bought this small snack to share so that we could use the chairs provided for food buyers.



Bill's first purchase of the day - hardly an antique.
£1 bought him this fun battery operated Muppet toy.
Bill also bought this Amish family.
It is all made of cast iron.
We know nothing about them.
My purchases.
Very 1950s.


I saw this vase from a bit of a distance and knew I wanted it.
The asking price was £15 - but I got it for £10.
We have pottered, dozed, drunk lots of cups of tea for the rest of the day.

Labels: