Tuesday, April 19, 2011

 

Holiday time in Thailand.

Today was a working day.
But I will begin with food.....an easy meal today. Salmon is always easy really but I took the opportunity of a reduced price in M&S yesterday for salmon, asparagus and a bearnaise sauce.
It was very tasty.
But I had a quandary....who gets 3 bits of asparagus, as shown in the picture on the box?



















See the box - lovely picture with 3 stalks of asparagus arranged tastefully over the fish.
See the food in the container - each piece of salmon is accompanied by just 2 stalks.
Fraud!

I began work early - taking 10 of my shop rejects into the garden to be photographed.
Some other bits, bigger and heavier, I decided should go straight to the hospice shop.
We were just going out when Frieda called round, so we made a cup of tea.
It was quite late when we got to the post office and then to Lidl.

This afternoon I described and listed those rejects. Ooh - I wonder how many will sell and if I make any money on them.

Now for some holiday pictures - Jamie's family holiday in Chumphon.


































It is good to see Jamie looking so relaxed - long hours of work can get him down.
In contrast, Ashley is feeling more fraught at the moment. There is so much happening around him, which he is supposed to be in control of.
Despite that I enjoyed this facebook conversation this morning...

Ashley is frayed at the edges.


Jamie  Thats what edges are for. Just don't get frayed in the middle :)


Ashley  I think a couple of years ago I'd have been more thread bare, moth eaten, ripped at the seams and generally unstitched.

Jamie You sound a bit like Bagpuss :)














This was a part of   Songkran - the Thai New Year. A small amount of water is poured over the hands of the older generation to wash away the past and prepare for the future.
You may rceall that there is another side to Songkran, which involves chucking as much water as possible at all and sundry.
Jamei, as one of the few foreigners in Chumphon, received more than his fair share of cleansing water!
He will do a Chumphon Songkran blog when they return home.

I want to get on now. Had a bit of a restless night last night.
Would like sleep tonight for the strength to deal with the Ardingly Antiques Fair.
We haven't been for some time.
I keep telling myself that I want to be there to learn - just how much do other people charge for things?
"How much?"
But I am sure there will be things that I would like to have for a while and would bring a small profit amongst the 1500 stalls.

Labels: