Tuesday, April 26, 2011

 

Making some Preparations

The dining room table is clear!
And there are lots of ticks on The Things to do List.
Very satisfying.
I am glad the table is clear, for I am planning to use it on Friday......though there may be more people dining than can fit round it.
I felt it would be very easy for the Royal Wedding Day to pass in nothingness - and there is nothing wrong with that.
I just wanted to make it a day that would be remembered. There are no street parties nearby, and maybe that is good as the weather forecast talks now of some torrential rain.
So we are having a gathering of Bill's family here on Friday for the wedding and lunch.
I am doing the dinner and the others will bring cakes and puddings for the afternoon.
I think there could be 11 of us.

In 15 months time there will be other momentous days - The Olympics.
I have tickets - for the 1948 London Olympics. They are part of my collection.
Suddenly I realised that today was the last chance to apply for 2012  tickets.
I doubt that we will get what we have asked for ...... it is a lottery to get into the Olympic Stadium for athletics.
But who knows?
I have not dared to ask for the most expensive seats!
But it would be fantastic to be there after all these years involved in the athetics world and collecting Olympic memorabilia.
I might apply for some minor sports before I go to bed. I have more applications I could make. I have until one minute before midnight.