Monday, April 25, 2011

 

Holiday in the shop

It was a quiet and pleasant day caring for the antiques centre.
The shop doesn't normally open on Bank Holidays, but Bill and I thought we would give it a try. None of the other shops were open when we arrived in West Street. One of the big antiques shops opened in the afternoon.
We greeted people coming in - for a look round maybe and also to buy.
The number of sales was small compared with some days, but this gave Bill and I a chance to potter.
I sold 2 of my things - a Metropolitan police whistle and a Dorking beer bottle.
There was new stock to display.
And I had a box of old and very dusty books to sort out. Most were cookery books - some over 100 years old. If the condition had been better I could have expected maybe £30 for these old books. I have cleaned them, with a paint brush and priced them at an average of £5 each.
I sat out in the garden at the back of the shop to do this and the sun felt warm.
I also washed the floor round my section.
We had arrived at 11 o'clock and left just before 4 o'clock.
So, a very gentle day.
But we are tired.
We have been rather active during the last week.
Time for bed.