Thursday, April 28, 2011

 

Looking Forward

We have done it!
Organised a trip for this year.....to Thailand.
We shall go on September 22nd for 3 weeks. This coincides with school holidays, time when Jamie can be off work and the vegetarian festival.
Once decided the flight was booked within minutes. This time we will be travelling with Thai Air once again and pass through Bangkok. This was not the cheapest flight, but does give us flights at the times when we want them.

So there is much to look forward to.

And that includes tomorrow.
We will be entertaining some of Bill's family to a day with us to include the Royal wedding, eating, drinking, talking, laughing.....and comparing our ailments!
We are doing different curries with rice and/or little boiled potatoes, some veg and some salad.
Pudding will include melon which I have to cut up - I have 3 in the fruit bowl. Others will contribute puddings and cakes.
I hope that William and Kate enjoy their family day too - their problem is that they have to accept that all of us are part of their family; or at least that's how much of the general public sees it.
William doesn't know it, of course, but he is related to me......assuming that he is also descended from William the Conqueror.
He must be - because thousands, millions are.

If I could I would advise that Kate sorts out a pretty thermal vest.
I know there will be more shelter in London, but a really chill east wind is blowing.
We certainly felt it earlier this morning.
We went to the Thursday boot sale at Ford.
The chill marred our pleasure and our will to be tolerant. I felt quite cross when some of the dealers refused to budge on their prices. Do they not want to sell things?
But I came home with some interesting bits.
I don't know who will want the large mounted photo I bought. It shows a group of well dressed older men in a hall, decorated with flags and filled with tables and chairs. The title of the photo is "Welcome Home Sailors and Soldiers" Newhaven October 21st 1919.

We were happy to get away from Ford and find warmth in Littlehampton Wetherspoon's.
We walked round and looked at the river, but had not energy or much time for more than that.

This afternoon I have done shopping in preparation for tomorrow.

Goodnight from Lady Jessie George-Albany or maybe it is Lady Ethel Ginger-Green.
I have been trying to create a grand name for myself according to the bit of fun people are playing this week.
Take the name of a grandparent and make a double barrelled surname with the name of your first pet and the name of the street where you grew up.
To make them sound anything like meaningful some need adapting..... Bill turns out to be Lord Samuel Peter Princess!!!!