Tuesday, August 03, 2010

 

Busy with activities - not busy with diary writing.

This is the 6th summer holiday that Ecky has spent with us in Sussex.
How come I used to have time and energy to create a scrap book, with photos of each day's doings?
It isn't that we are doing more as she gets older because, in some ways, we actually do less.
This year it would be impossible to do a scrap book.
I guess there are many reasons - perhaps the fact that Ecky has activities to pursue on the computer is one and the fact that she doesn't need adults to entertain her so much anymore.
And the fact that I have less energy than she does - I have already been dozing!

The day began with a trip out for Bill and I.
I saw one of the GP's and we both saw the nurse.
I asked that Dr Alexander provide me with a letter concerning my use of a urostomy bag for foreign travel. This is more important these days with the new body scanners in place which will record that I shall have a plastic container of liquid hidden under my clothes.
I also asked him about my recent blood tests. At least the third attempt has produced a result. Dr A assumes that it would be best for me to continue with Vitamin D injections.
And then it was time for injections - not Vitamin D.
It was noted recently that our anti typhoid injections had expired and we needed boosters.

When we got home it was time for swimming - me, Ashley and Ecky.
The pool was a bit crowded, which is only to be expected during school holidays.
I learned that Ashley can actually swim - not like a fish, but more like a floundering monster!
Ecky spent a lot of time playing in the jacuzzi and talking with a girl called Amber. They played games and talked.

After lunch we went to Goffs Park and met Emily and Gemma and Carla.
They played happily together.
Then we came back here for a drink - nice to see Ecky organise their drinks.
They played games with pokemon toys - seeing which ones could be thrown furthest from the window. One had an adventure by landing on the garage roof.
I don't know exactly what they were doing of course - because I was not included in their games.
I enjoyed a sit down and a cup of tea.

We don't have fixed plans for tomorrow - depends on the weather.
But because there is a risk of some heavy showers we plan not to go walking on the cliffs above Hastings after all.
We will visit at least one museum in Brighton and probably have lunch in one of the "secret parks". It is not secret of course - but is not known by tourists and looks both beautiful and entertaining - and it has a children's playground.
The cafe is much praised on a web site for good wholesome nourishing food at reasonable prices.
Tomorrow is a day for all of us to enjoy.
The cameras will go with us and so hopefully, tomorrow night the blog will have pictures.

Time for bed. Good night.