Tuesday, April 20, 2010

 

A pottering work day - lets enjoy Bill's photos.

I was oh so tired yesterday evening - and I couldn't wake up this morning.
The restless feeling affected my sleep and I was glad of the company of Radio 5 or LBC.


Today we have pottered and worked.

I had a kitchen to tidy - worktops were covered with all that I had bought at the weekend.
Now I have it down to having things just on the table. I still have to sort a pile of books and some tablecloths and old fashioned pinnies.


I didn't get much done this morning...by the time we had got going and chatted with people on the phone it left little time for posting a parcel and getting supplies from Asda.
The parcel posted contained the table - the red artist's palette table which has already been to addresses in London until it was returned to me.
Now we keep our fingers crossed that it has gone.
I loved buying it at a Canterbury boot sale and I loved owning it for a while.

I have dealt with the sale of six books on EBay.
I had to pop round to Frieda to get two of them. She borrowed those with old photos of the area where she grew up.
She had been moved to find a picture of the River Wandle where she used to meet the first boy she went out with.

This evening I have done the shop blog again - dedicated to St. George.
http://pilgrimsantiquesweststreetdorking.blogspot.com/



Still no aeroplanes flying into our part of the world.


And now, as promised, here are some of Bill's photographs taken at Nymans last Friday.
The first one is not really part of his story - I always demand that he takes one of me!





Snakes head fritillary.

Beautiful white type of magnolia.


Sparkly fountain.




I love this one - magnolia and daffodils.


White doves in the dovecote.


Little robin pecks amongst the fallen petals.


The oh so tall Californian Redwood.
Tomorrow is Vitamin D injection day.
I think after that I shall have boxes out of the garage which are full of items for a car boot sale.
The weather is good - we ought to begin to reduce the amount this weekend.
It will be the first Pease Pottage sale of the summer on Sunday and should attract lots of buyers.

Labels: ,